Shipping/Receiving Clerk Job Description
ROLLPROS is an emerging leader in innovative and unique automation solutions for the cannabis industry. Be a part of a rapidly growing company in an emerging market with tons of room for career growth. APPLY NOW
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will perform a variety of routine shipping and receiving tasks including scheduling shipments, freight, receiving daily orders into the inventory system, stocking parts to inventory, and comparing identifying information on incoming or outgoing shipments with purchase orders, invoices, or other documents.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
- Schedule receiving appointments with vendors for all inbound freight.
- Schedule shipments including crate services and freight
- Prepare packages and perform daily shipments
- Responsible for accurate data entry.
- Prepare in-bound documents
- Receive goods and reconcile PO’s in inventory management software
- File out of stock and damage claims.
- Placing identifying information or shipping instructions on crates or containers.
- Posting weights when needed.
- Routing items to proper shipment location (UPS shipment to UPS desk, pallets to staging area, etc.)
- Examining outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Notifying supervisor to check outgoing shipments for accuracy.
- Maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Safely operating forklift, pallet jack, or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from storage or work area.
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and organized.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Maintains the stockroom, ensuring all parts are received, inventoried, and properly located.
- Ensures that appropriate people are notified when orders are received.
- Arranges pick-up of items needing to be sent out for repair.
- Occasionally pick up parts from vendors as needed.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of all parts
- Assist in maintaining the Maintenance Library and keeps catalogs, manuals, and parts books updated and current.
Education and Experience: (Knowledge, skills, & abilities)
- High School or GED Diploma required;
- Minimum One (1) year work experience in shipping and receiving
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience using software applications
- Must be willing to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
Collaborative and engaging environment with room for laughter and fostering of unfiltered creativity.
ROLLPROS is an Equal Opportunity Employer